Tuesday 20 April 2010

The Beat Goes Ong



The Beat Goes Ong…

The cobbler Beatrix Ong first caught my attention when I spied her whimsical women’s shoes in the side windows of the Jaeger flagship store on London’s Regent Street. There’s something about the way she effortlessly fuses classic English style with a quirky edge that is so typical of London style. I became acquainted with her men’s line when I was shopping at Jaeger (her designs are merchandised alongside the Jaeger brands). A Beatrix Ong representative informed me that Jaeger’s chairman Harold Tillman had invested in the brand, hence its appearance at Jaeger HQ. Tillman is of course chairman of the British Fashion Council (and counts the quintessentially British brand Aquascutum as another standout brand in his portfolio). It was with incredible kindness that Beatrix Ong’s people granted me permission to wear the rather gorgeous Chaplin shoes when I was filming the pilot for the SMP show. I wore the Chaplin shoes with a navy “Micro Diamond” wool/silk mix suit from the Jaeger London SS10 collection – literally a sartorial style match made in heaven! I’ve swiftly acquired a mental shopping list of future purchases. My list has grown to three styles. I’m currently lusting after Chaplin in brown, Minghella in brown and Lean in Black from the Beatrix Ong SS10 collection. You know you’re in trouble when your virtual purchases have already been allocated wardrobe matches and outfits. Tragic. As if I needed further incentives to buy, I hear that GQ editor Dylan Jones is a fan. It's obvious that my fashion fate is sealed. I'd best make room in the wardrobe.

Minghella in brown - £280

Chaplin in brown - £250

Lean in black - £300

www.beatrixong.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment