Tuesday 20 April 2010

London Calling


London Calling…

This is the Jaeger London suit I bought the hubby today. Cut from navy "Micro Diamond" wool/silk mix cloth, it's so gorgeous it would give Tom Ford tailoring envy. The subtle padding on the shoulder and nipped-in waist create an enviable "V" shape on the torso - a slick and masculine silhouette. I tried this on when I was filming the pilot for The SMP Show and fell in love. Naturally, when I went to the Jaeger flagship store on Regent Street last week, I found out that the company has sold out of the jacket in my size. If the blessed suit and I were not meant to be, then surely destiny intended it for my beloved? I had a 4pm meeting in town today, so I took the hubby to the store to try it on. The second the 38 Regular jacket slipped on my hubby's rather muscular shoulders, it was clear that the suit had literally been made for him. Hugging every contour of his body like silken armour, he morphed from "Matt my boyfriend" into James Bond - and I have to admit I was loving it. He asked if I'd look at him in the street if I saw him dressed like that. I told him I'd stalk him if I saw him dressed like that. Put simply, the suit is like fashion cat nip. Judging on the number of well-dressed men who made a bee-line for it when we were in-store, I'm guessing it won't be in stock for much longer. The cornflower blue Turn Back Edge Shirt was the perfect compliment to the suit, so of course it also found its way into our shopping bags. The black leather Paul Smith dress shoes the hubby was wearing really enhanced the black satin trim on the peak lapel - perfection!

www.jaeger.co.uk

1 comment: