Tails of the City..
Trend Alert! We've got some hair news courtesy of our friends at PHYTO. International session stylist to the stars Orlando Pita (the man behind the ethnic-inspired braids Madonna sported in her 90's Human Nature music video), created this pony-tastic do for Derek Lam's NYFW AW14/15 show using the PHYTO range and we've got professional tips on how to re-create the look. If this doesn't get your tails in a spin, we're not sure what will.
"Taking inspiration from multi-cultural urban tribal chic comes this low ponytail with texture"
Here's how to create this classic chic look:
1. Distribute PHYTOVOLUME ACTIF Volumizing Spray throughout the hair to give texture and volume.
2. Blow dry and then from the ear down, create big loose waves with a large barrel tong.
3. Create a perfect middle parting using a comb.
4. Apply PHYTO Professional Glossing Cream
And PHYTO Professional Strong Sculpting Gel for hold and shine, and then scrape back into a low ponytail.
5. Secure with elastic.
6. Tease ponytail with teasing brush to create texture and additional volume, then smooth top layer with a brush to create a smooth, polished look.
7. Finish with PHYTOLAQUE SOIE Hair Spray.
PHYTOVOLUME Actif Volumizing Spray - £15.50
PHYTO Professional Glossing Cream - £12.50
PHYTO Professional Strong Sculpting Gel - £12.50
PHYTOLAQUE SOIE Hair Spray - £12.50